At the October 15, 2015 PTA Meeting, Inger McDowell, BUILD Manager with the Center for Intercultural Organizing (CIO), presented information about how to resolve complaints within the Portland Public Schools (PPS) System. Inger provided CIO documents that can help a parent or community member think through the complaint resolution process. CIO’s documents and other resources for PPS complaint resolution are listed below.
- CIO – PPS School Department Problem Solving Flyer (.pdf)
- Worksheet – Problem Solving Classroom or School Concern (Word .docx)
- Worksheet – Problem Solving District Department Concern (Word .docx)
- PPS Complaint Resolution Process Website
For more informaiton, contact the current Ombudsman (Mediator):
- Judi Martin, 503-916-3045