Want to help, but not sure what needs doing?
The Scott School PTA is constantly looking for volunteers to help with various events. Our list of volunteers and volunteer opportunities is every-changing. For the most urgent needs, please email us at ScottSchoolPTA@gmail.com and we can help connect you with the right people.
Below are some ways people in Scott School help out – how can you help?
- Clothing Closet/ Clothes Swap: Donate, wash, organize clothes
- Kermes, our annual carnival: Fundraising, planning, cooking, decorating, anything!
- SUN: Homework club help or teach a class
- Reading Friend: Read with a student once a week for a half hour
- Community Pancake Breakfast: Cook, serve, clean-up, and meet your Scott School community!
Scott is in constant need for Recess Monitors from 10:45-12:15 each school day (Monday-Friday). If you are only available one day a week, or perhaps even one day a month, we could use your help. Some of the tasks include:
- Monitoring cafeteria for noise level and behavior
- Encouraging quiet voices and good behavior in the cafeteria.
- Making sure kids aren’t entering the building without permission.
We will make sure you get adequate training, and there will always be staff on duty and available for support as well. If you are interested please contact ScottSchoolPTA@gmail.com and we will get you in touch with the right people.
Don’t Forget!! Volunteers (and visitors) should sign in at the front office computer to log hours.