Winter SUN Sign Ups are on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 from 2:15-6pm in the Cafeteria.
What is SUN?
S.U.N. stands for Schools Uniting Neighborhoods. SUN Schools offer fun after-school classes for children, parents, and the community. The goal of SUN is to create a community hub where parents, neighbors, teachers, and students all join in creative learning opportunities. The SUN Service System collaboration is managed by Multnomah County http://web.multco.us/sun and the Scott site is funded by 21st Century Community Learning Centers and delivered by Impact NW www.impactnw.org.
You may have noticed the after-school enrichment classes offered at Scott. Classes typically run on a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday schedule. There are three sessions or terms of classes during the school year, and you must sign up in advance for your child to attend. Come by on Wednesday, December 11th when you pick your child up from school to learn more about the offerings in Winter Term.
Other important days for the Winter Term of SUN include:
- Monday, January 6, 2014: First Day of Winter SUN Classes
- * Monday, January 20: No SUN/No School, Martin Luther King holiday
- * Monday, January 27: No SUN/No School, Teacher Planning Day
- * Monday, February 17: No SUN/No School, Presidents Day
- * Wednesday, February 19: No SUN/No School—Teachers Planning Day
- Thursday, March 6, 2014: Last Day of Winter SUN Classes
- * Showcase and Family Meal, 6:00-8:00pm
Did you know that SUN coordinators also can assist in identifying community resources such as parenting programs, rental or utility assistance, food boxes, and more?